CMHC/GENWORTH/Canada Guaranty Green Home – up to 25% of your premium returned
Have you purchased an existing home in the last two years?
Did you pay a Mortgage Insurance premium?
Are you thinking of doing some upgrades to your home?
Get an Energy Audit today, and find out how you can qualify for up to 25% of that mortgage insurance premium returned to you!!
- Receive a 15% or 25% refund of the CMHC/Genworth premium you paid by upgrading the efficiency of your home
- Within 2 years after the closing date of your mortgage
- Complete upgrades to your home that meet the targets (click on the box below Ridge Energy brochure)
- Home initially assessed by a Ridge Energy Advisor, EnerGuide label and reports are provided
- Ridge Energy Advisors will perform the second qualifying assessment for your application to CMHC/Genworth
- Example, a standard $1,000,000 mortgage with 7.5% down costs $37,000 insurance premium. You will receive up to 25% refund of the premium paid once upgrades have been completed along with your application completed and sent in.
- Your cost is $400 plus tax for the first audit.
- Already had an audit done by another company? Ridge Energy will obtain your file from the Federal Government, re-issue the reports and apply for the refund on your behalf, we charge only $250 for this service.
Ongoing Enbridge Rebates for Home Efficiency Upgrades
The Enbridge/Union Gas Home Efficiency Rebate – Up to $5000
To qualify for incentives in the Enbridge Gas/Union Gas program you must complete at least 2 of the following upgrades:
- Replace your furnace with a high-efficiency furnace (note – requires a total of three upgrades as of Jan 1st, 2020)
- Upgrading your basement insulation
- Add exterior wall insulation
- Increase attic insulation
- Improve air sealing
- Upgrade your windows
- Replace your water heater with a high efficiency instantaneous
NOTE: Your home must be heated with a natural gas furnace or boiler.
Customers who complete more than two upgrades also qualify for a bonus; $150 for 3 upgrades, $500 for 4 upgrades and $750 for 5 or more upgrades
Your registered energy advisor will walk you through all the rebates your home is eligible for and explain how to get the bonus.
Your cost is $128 for both pre and post upgrade audits, you pay a total of $678 and get a rebate of $550. First audit is $400 plus tax and the second audit is $200 plus tax.